Congregation Council Member Suggestions
Make a Suggestion to the Nominating Committee Below
The Congregation Council consists of 12 members (plus the pastor) who lead the congregation in ministry and have general oversight of the life and activities of the congregation.
Duties of the Congregation Council include:
+ leading the congregation in stating its mission, doing long-range planning, setting goals and
priorities, and evaluating activities in light of its mission and goals
+ serving as examples of the style of life and ministry expected of all baptized persons and
promoting a congregational climate of peace and goodwill
+ overseeing and providing for the administration of the congregation to enable it to fulfill its
functions and perform its mission
+ managing the financial and property matters of the congregation and being responsible for
the employment and supervision of staff of the congregation
Nominee and Election Process:
1. Six Congregation Council members are elected each year at the annual meeting (November).
2. The Nominating Committee prepares a list of at least 6 nominees for Congregation Council which is presented at the October Congregation Council meeting.
3. The names of nominees are shared with the congregation in the notice announcing the annual congregation meeting and in other church publications.
4. At the annual meeting, additional nominees may be made from the floor.
5. The elections will be done by written ballot. The 6 nominees receiving the most votes on the first ballot are elected. In the case of ties, additional ballots may be necessary.
Congregation Council members must be Voting Members of the congregation. Voting members are confirmed members who have communed and contributed during the last two years.
Suggestions made by members of the congregation will not necessarily be Nominees. The Nominating Committee will evaluate all suggestions made by the congregation.
Suggestions can be made via email (email@example.com),
mailing this slip to the church office 226 Corley Mill Rd, Lexington, SC 29072,
or online submission by clicking the link at the top of this page.